To all the moms out there, I just want to warn you, stretch marks don't tan.
As the thermastat reaches triple digits, you'll want to take advantage of your swimming pool, community pool, kiddy pool, slip 'n slide, or any other form of water to cool yourself. New swimsuits are great! Treat yourself to a shopping excursion in pursuit of that new addition to your wardrobe. Have fun with it! Try on something that catches your eye, and then reach for something you wouldn't think of wearing. You'll be surprised at what you choose. I was.
I've worn the same old swimsuit for the last 8 years. I guess that's pretty good since I've had a few kids in that amount of time. I'm not saying the swimsuit fits the same, but it fit. I wore it for scuba training and thank goodness for the wetsuit, it wasn't until I was on the boat I realized the spandex was completely unravled on the side seam. The next day, Bailee and I set out to find a new swimsuit. They don't look the same with undergarments on, but I got the picture. After 32 different suits, I settled on a super conservative tankini. I've been in Hawaii for 6 days and just now realized my stretch marks are still white. What?!? Seriously, I've gained 145lbs between all four kids. I've had 4 surgeries, 5 hospitalizations, lost 2 bra sizes, gained 2 pants sizes, gained 2 shoe sizes, have two beautiful c-section scares, and a record number of stretch marks because I couldn't help scratching my belly. I've had pre-eclampsia, Eclampsia, seizures, anemia, and pee'd in my pants a few times. I wouldn't change any of that, my kids are my world, but.....Don't I deserve a break? Now I find out I have unpigmented skin on my thighs... my hair is gray or "unpigmented" as my colorist calls it. I guess boardshorts will be my buddy for the rest of my life. Not that I wanted to run around in a swimsuit forever, but I'm finished being pregnant and still in my 30's. I'd like to take up surfing some day. Sigh.....
1 comment:
You crack me up! It looks like you guys are having a good time despite those annoying stretch marks. We miss you guys back here in the awful desert. Macie has already asked to go play at your house three times and its only been two weeks. I try to explain where you are but she says "mom just drop me off". I think she is going through a bit of Nancy withdrawals. :)
Post a Comment