Alright ladies, here's the deal. Our world is hard. I'm not talking emotionally, spiritually, or trying-to-keep-up-with-motherhood-ly hard. It's harder then that. Hard. Hard like an old, stubborn, dirty, rock.
So fifty years ago, this sweet guy named Imi in Israel founded a way to survive against this hard world. He really believed people should walk in peace. Fast forward fifty years. Imi's fight method being alive and well in Arizona has brought the valley four amazing schools. The owners/instructors are genuinely concerned for society and want us all to be able to walk in peace. They decided that ladies, being victims of rape every 2 minutes, needed a specialized training to survive such a brutal attack.
Yesterday was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I learned and practiced how to survive a sexual assault. It was 5 hours of the most intense fight of my life. I gained confidence in myself, skills that I didn't know, and experienced first hand what a sexual assault may be like.
Please please be safe. Believe in yourself. Don't be in a vulnerable position (you know what I'm talking about). You are worth every little step you take that will bring you closer to having the ability to walk in peace.
2 comments:
You are definitely a better stronger woman than I...thats one thing i love about you.!!! Are you over your soreness?
Better? Noooo way! Stronger? Noo again. You would put me in my place very quick! But ask me again in a few months...I MIGHT be caught up to you. :)
Post a Comment