For the last few years, I've used this phrase over and over. It's not new, it just means more. Growing up without family taught me some really great things.... one being the absolute importance of having family. Lucky me, though, I took the liberty of picking my own family. Why not hand pick... ALL OF YOU to be my family.
It was a out patient proceedure. The Dr said recovery would be a few days. Well...I'm on day 4 and still feel like a truck ran over my head. I think I didn't ask enough questions about the proceedure. I thought I would have a small incision on the bottom of my nose. Instead, I have stitches up and down the inside of both nostrils. My gums are swollen, my teeth hurt. My head feels hollow. My throat is still sore from the intibation tube. I can't breath through my nose, I can't sniff or sneeze. It's just a big clunky flesh colored cast with lots of flesh colored tape and a trip gauze taped to my upper lip. And that's a good day.
Thank you for all the love, thoughts, prayers, well wishes, food, flowers, notes. I have the best family ....ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment