The good news is that my Rheumatologist wasn't jumping up and down with concern for me. He wants to casually have a new set of tests run, and have me mosey on back to his office...at the office's earliest convenience (March) to discuss the findings. It kind of gives the impression that my health isn't so bad after all.
The bad news is that he (the doc) and his entire staff were on drugs. I spent an hour and a half in the waiting room, so I have a pretty good idea how things go around there. They are in the business of handing out drugs. Me thinks they are taking them pretty freely too.
I got there at 9:15, the paperwork said I should be there "no later then 9:15". At 10:15 I asked the front desk when they would be calling me back. She said at 10:30, after all, that's when my appointment was. Frowning, I asked why in the world they wanted me there so early. She didn't believe me, but I had proof. She looked over the proof and said "Ooops". No apology. Nothing. Ugh...
They took me to the exam room and told me to get naked. "What... no!". I'm sorry, why did he need me naked? Really... I didn't get that. I kept my clothes on. The guy came in, asked me a few quick questions. Complained about me not taking my clothes off. He managed to examine me with my clothes on (legs from the knee down, and arms from the elbow down). Poor guy, I totally cheated him this morning. Owell... I'm sure his other patients, especially the ones asking for narcotics will be quick to get naked for him.
He's running lots of bloodwork, a nerve damage test, and xrays. I get to see him in March for the findings. ... Until then, walking hurts. I should have got naked.
No comments:
Post a Comment