Sunday, May 17, 2009

I'm happy.

I think I'm the most content person, really...I'm just, well...happy. Many days I ask myself: "What makes me so happy and content?"

My life is stressful. Married to a firefighter means holding down the fort, managing the lives of five different people and a household alone. I'm pretty impatient too. Mostly, I speak my mind and when I'm feeling stressed or impatient, I sound anything but happy or content. My dear friends know, I grumble and complain all the time.

The truth is, I AM happy. I know this. I think it all the time. Sure, bumps happen and then as quickly as they come, they go away. But I have to ask, why? Why am I so content? Happy?

My hair is orange. Yea, I didn't realize this until we started snapping pics at Gilberts graduation. My hair doesn't make me happy ( although it's on my list of things to do this week --No. 1. is Fix the hair).

I'm wider then I've ever been, pants fit different. I've been conditioning and strength training pretty intensely and along with my appetite, my body has changed. All that I care about right now is that my lungs are in the best condition they have ever been. My heart too! I'm blessed with health, thank goodness!

My house is a place of comfort, security, and rest. I love it here. It's not huge, it's not put together. I have an ugly master bathroom/closet but I LOVE IT. I wouldn't change it for anything...well, that's not true. BUT I am content. It's affordable and wonderful (in my eyes). It's one of my favorite places to be. Especially when my family is with me.

My children are healthy and bright. I learn from them every day. They are stubborn and speak their minds. How blessed am I to have been able to teach them that human beings should stand up for what they believe in, even if only a child they are important. They are good, kind hearted people. A joy to be around.

My father is nearby. He is healthy, and full of wisdom and knowledge. He offers insight and background to many different things. He is a kind hearted, good man. How blessed we are that he is with us.

Pauls parents are also kind hearted, and good people. They sacrifice so much to stay in close contact with my children. They work hard at keeping good relationships with us, and I'm glad they do!

Paul is so good to me. He supports me, he has my back, he believes in me, he loves me unconditionally. Paul is an example of strength, and kindness. Without his love and support, I could not feel content nor happy. I'm grateful to have met and married a good man such as he.

So that's pretty much it. I don't know exactly why I felt the need to type it all out. I think it all the time and just needed to share that life really is good. I'm impressed with people and the goodness within most of them. Just the other day, a female driver was stuck with her disabled vehicle at a busy intersection. Immediately, the driver in front of her whipped out a tow strap, hooked up her car, and towed her and her vehicle to safety. I believe in the goodness of mankind, and that most people are genuinely good people. We are so blessed today, I think it's all about perspective and keeping it right.

If you read this all, thanks for reading. I hope it gives someone a glimmer of peace, even though it was all pretty pointless. :)

4 comments:

Marni said...

Nancy,

I love this post! I have always thought of you as a positive, happy person! You do have a stressful life, but you never act overwhelmed. You are an example to me of strength and endurance! :)

Marni said...

oh, and CONGRATS to Gilbert!! :)

Dawn and Dave said...

Not so simple and definitely not pointless. You are happy, and you show it and people feel that when they are around you. Thanks for reminding us to count our blessings:)

Bre 10-E said...

its not pointless! sometimes its good to just remind yourself why your life is SO good...i did it too...sometimes we get so wrapped up in the day to day thing that we forget how blessed we all really are!! i loved this post! love ya!